P... P... P... Pick Up A Penguin
Actually don't, because you'll scare the little blighters - they get scared by cameras and everything else it seems too.
It was difficult, but I do believe the Penguin Parade nearly beat Neighbours in the 'best trip' stakes. We headed out of Melbourne yesterday afternoon, via a wildlife sanctuary that primarily looks after Wombats. They're funny little creatures, I thought they were so cute, but they actually have a really mean side to them that I didn't know about (they only use it for defence though) - I'll explain when I get back if anyone's that interested, but I'm sure you'd much rather hear about Neighbours!
Anyhow, after the Wombat park, we went off to a beach on Phillip Island. Phillip Island apparently reminded the settlors of the Isle of Wight so it has many places named after there, such as Cowes & Ventnor. It was very strange seeing the road sign that had Melbourne and Cowes on the same sign! We ate dinner in Cowes but it reminded us more of Lepe Country Park. I have to say, I don't think the people who named it could have studied the IOW too closely as it didn't remind me much of the place, and they had no Chale or Wight Mouse Inn - what's that all about?!
Anyhow, onto the main event as I've just realised how little time I have. The penguins were soooooo cute. I thoroughlly reccomend them to anyone! We saw them making the little trek up the beach and getting so tired in the process. And yet it's mating season, so as soon as they've made it back home, they have to go to their 'business' - now that's dedication!
Right, I'm off now as nearly out of time. See you all in a couple of days.
Byeee
xXx
PS. If any of you come to Melbourne, you have to do the 'Go West' tours - they're definitely the best! Thanks Martin for your recommendation.
It was difficult, but I do believe the Penguin Parade nearly beat Neighbours in the 'best trip' stakes. We headed out of Melbourne yesterday afternoon, via a wildlife sanctuary that primarily looks after Wombats. They're funny little creatures, I thought they were so cute, but they actually have a really mean side to them that I didn't know about (they only use it for defence though) - I'll explain when I get back if anyone's that interested, but I'm sure you'd much rather hear about Neighbours!
Anyhow, after the Wombat park, we went off to a beach on Phillip Island. Phillip Island apparently reminded the settlors of the Isle of Wight so it has many places named after there, such as Cowes & Ventnor. It was very strange seeing the road sign that had Melbourne and Cowes on the same sign! We ate dinner in Cowes but it reminded us more of Lepe Country Park. I have to say, I don't think the people who named it could have studied the IOW too closely as it didn't remind me much of the place, and they had no Chale or Wight Mouse Inn - what's that all about?!
Anyhow, onto the main event as I've just realised how little time I have. The penguins were soooooo cute. I thoroughlly reccomend them to anyone! We saw them making the little trek up the beach and getting so tired in the process. And yet it's mating season, so as soon as they've made it back home, they have to go to their 'business' - now that's dedication!
Right, I'm off now as nearly out of time. See you all in a couple of days.
Byeee
xXx
PS. If any of you come to Melbourne, you have to do the 'Go West' tours - they're definitely the best! Thanks Martin for your recommendation.

3 Comments:
Sorry to show my ignorance about somewhere less than 20 miles from my house, but what on earth is Wight Mouse Inn?
Nice to know the penguins only NEARLY beat the Neighbours trip - why should something you only see on the other side of the world beat something you can see every evening at 5:35?!?
See you in a few days
Marc
PS Iain, following on from your comment in Hannah's last blog, you should be able to be beat me at the badminton quiz next week since I'm organising it :-(
Go West are also the cheapest and the only tour that plays "GO WEST" at the end of everyday, worth the money on its own. Glad you made it there, its not the most well known thing Oz is visited for.
Now i want to see the pictures you sneekily took without the flash and without the mean penguin guards spotting you.
i'm sure there could be a comment in there abut "making it back home" and "doing business" but as all your family are reading this, i wont.
Post a Comment
<< Home