The Long and Winding Road
Well, we've finally made it to Melbourne, the last city in our trip :(
So, since I left you last, we have been to the Home & Away beach and Summer Bay and were lucky enough to see some filming... unfortunately I don't watch it and England are quite behind Oz, so poor Louisa and myself weren't too sure what was going on, but we did recognise one of the characters, Kim. No Alf though, how dissapointing! Palm Beach was a very windy place, but at least it stayed reasonably sunny for a short while!
We also took a trip to Manly (which was on the way, but we took another trip later in the week to meet up with Louisa's family), took a wander down Manly Beach and just had a chilled out evening around the area. It's a hard life but someone's gotta do it.
The day after Home & Away we took a trip to the Blue Mountains. Wow, what fantastic scenery... well, I'm sure it would have been had we been able to see much of it! Unfortunately it was a bit cloudy and rainy, so we didn't get to see the 3 Sisters, it was more like 1/4 of them, but hey, it was worth the journey anyway. We had a very traditionaly Ozzie tour - about 2 Ozzies on it, nearly everyone else was from the UK, including the driver! Although he had been in the area for 23 years so we let him off. Due to the weather, we didn't get to see the 'blue' thing going on, but that didn't spoil it. We even went on the world's steepest train, that was a bit of a strange experience.
On our last day in Sydney, as well as Manly we also took a trip to the Botanical Gardens to see the lovely Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. They look much better side by side - it's pretty difficult to get them both in the picture from the city, so we took the 10-15 minute stroll through the gardens to get the proper feel of Sydney. Unfortunately I did witness a savage attack on the way through... 3 cockatoo's going after a bloke!! I'm guessing he had food or something that they wanted. As well as those, we saw some other exotic birds, plus some bats in the trees (hope you're reading this Martin!).
So on Friday we headed for Melbourne. We decided to fly so we could make the most of our time in Melbourne. Friday was a bit of a non-event due to the very early morning! But we did take a little look around the (wet) city. We then booked our tour for the Great Ocean Road yesterday. As the title suggests, it was a pretty long and windy road, but it was well worth it. We left at 7.40 in the morning and returned about 9.30 in the evening. In that time we saw Bell's Beach, the Round the Twist Lighthouse, the 12 Apostles (although one fell down recently so now there's only 13 - go figure!), plus London Bridge and much, much more. London Bridge didn't look quite like the one we know and love, but it was much better (although not as practical seeing as half of it had fallen down). We also saw loads of other little bits along the way, including KOALA's IN THE WILD!!!! We'd not seen these in the wild yet so that was VERY exciting. We were even privelledged enough to see a baby koala. Unfortunately the pictures are running out on my camera (again) so I didn't get as many photo's as I'd have liked.
Tomorrow we are headed for NEIGHBOURS BABY! The highlight I've been looking forward to all this time... let's hope there's some people I recognise still as I believe half of them have been killed off or left recently, and probably the other half are in England in Panto!!! We'll see. Then it's off to the Penguin Parade on Phillip Island on Tuesday, I'm looking forward to that. Sadly our adventure ends on Thursday, but I'm sure I'll be in touch before then to gloat about all the Neighbours stars I've made friends with! Although I've been advised to steer clear of Jelly Belly (sorry Nic).
Hope you're all well and looking forward to Christmas.
See you very soon, take care
Love, Peace & Jelly Babies
Me
xXx
So, since I left you last, we have been to the Home & Away beach and Summer Bay and were lucky enough to see some filming... unfortunately I don't watch it and England are quite behind Oz, so poor Louisa and myself weren't too sure what was going on, but we did recognise one of the characters, Kim. No Alf though, how dissapointing! Palm Beach was a very windy place, but at least it stayed reasonably sunny for a short while!
We also took a trip to Manly (which was on the way, but we took another trip later in the week to meet up with Louisa's family), took a wander down Manly Beach and just had a chilled out evening around the area. It's a hard life but someone's gotta do it.
The day after Home & Away we took a trip to the Blue Mountains. Wow, what fantastic scenery... well, I'm sure it would have been had we been able to see much of it! Unfortunately it was a bit cloudy and rainy, so we didn't get to see the 3 Sisters, it was more like 1/4 of them, but hey, it was worth the journey anyway. We had a very traditionaly Ozzie tour - about 2 Ozzies on it, nearly everyone else was from the UK, including the driver! Although he had been in the area for 23 years so we let him off. Due to the weather, we didn't get to see the 'blue' thing going on, but that didn't spoil it. We even went on the world's steepest train, that was a bit of a strange experience.
On our last day in Sydney, as well as Manly we also took a trip to the Botanical Gardens to see the lovely Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. They look much better side by side - it's pretty difficult to get them both in the picture from the city, so we took the 10-15 minute stroll through the gardens to get the proper feel of Sydney. Unfortunately I did witness a savage attack on the way through... 3 cockatoo's going after a bloke!! I'm guessing he had food or something that they wanted. As well as those, we saw some other exotic birds, plus some bats in the trees (hope you're reading this Martin!).
So on Friday we headed for Melbourne. We decided to fly so we could make the most of our time in Melbourne. Friday was a bit of a non-event due to the very early morning! But we did take a little look around the (wet) city. We then booked our tour for the Great Ocean Road yesterday. As the title suggests, it was a pretty long and windy road, but it was well worth it. We left at 7.40 in the morning and returned about 9.30 in the evening. In that time we saw Bell's Beach, the Round the Twist Lighthouse, the 12 Apostles (although one fell down recently so now there's only 13 - go figure!), plus London Bridge and much, much more. London Bridge didn't look quite like the one we know and love, but it was much better (although not as practical seeing as half of it had fallen down). We also saw loads of other little bits along the way, including KOALA's IN THE WILD!!!! We'd not seen these in the wild yet so that was VERY exciting. We were even privelledged enough to see a baby koala. Unfortunately the pictures are running out on my camera (again) so I didn't get as many photo's as I'd have liked.
Tomorrow we are headed for NEIGHBOURS BABY! The highlight I've been looking forward to all this time... let's hope there's some people I recognise still as I believe half of them have been killed off or left recently, and probably the other half are in England in Panto!!! We'll see. Then it's off to the Penguin Parade on Phillip Island on Tuesday, I'm looking forward to that. Sadly our adventure ends on Thursday, but I'm sure I'll be in touch before then to gloat about all the Neighbours stars I've made friends with! Although I've been advised to steer clear of Jelly Belly (sorry Nic).
Hope you're all well and looking forward to Christmas.
See you very soon, take care
Love, Peace & Jelly Babies
Me
xXx

6 Comments:
Well, fancy, no Alf! Do you remember Hannah when we had to go to Guy's after Christmas & we saw "Harold" get off train? Well, if you went this Jan. and looked "behind you" it'd probably be Alf's turn. Guess what - he's in panto somewhere here on South Coast - oh yes he is - Bournemouth
maybe!
Take care & enjoy "Neighbours" - not sure if any of their lot are over here!
What no Alf? Do you remember Hannah when we used to go to Guy's & you saw "Harold" behind you at Waterloo - if you were to go this Jan. it'd probably be Alf's turn, he's in Panto somewhere here on south coast ?Bournemouth - Oh yes he is!
Take care, have a good flight back if I don't talk or blog you before, and enjoy the "Neighbours" set - don't know if any of their lot are over here!
Just when we thought wobblepopmom had got the grasp of this modern technology, she goes and proves otherwise...
Hannah, good to see your true colours at last. Thought it was a bit unlike you going on about the great scenery and wildlife, when we all knew the only reason you went was to see the sets of the Aussie soaps!
Have a good trip back, and I guess you'll now have an excuse next weekend to fall asleep in the afternoon...
Dr Karl Kennedy was on Radio 1 today so i guess he wont be there either.
I cant believe you saw the Round the Twist lighthouse, i wish i never reminded you about that! The driver i had knew nothing of it especially annoying simce we drove past it. Didn't see Bronson and co. then?
Shame about the Blue Mountains, we'll just sneek some of my pics in with yours.... uh-hum...
Oh and try to "borrow" the Neighbours street sign OR do something that will stay there while they film and then you can see it on tv.
well, as much as i'm looking forward to Hannah coming home, (have ordered plenty of extra milk for you)
i can;t help but wonder, what i'm going to read from now on.
I've enjoyed the comments as much as the blogs.
Sheepette - I agree, much as it will be nice to have Hannah 'home' it will leave an empty void in my life, not having any blog comments to read/write. Still I suppose I could look for another to invade?
(or else get on with work)
Just a note for 'git' - I always found that chips went well with eggs?
Marc,
Wobblepopmum was just repeating herself for the hard of reading.
Hannah, have a fantastic last few days down under - have you had a vegemite sandwich (somewhat obscure v. early 80's pop lyric) whilst there?
See you soon,
PS If dad invites you to the football you can have my ticket - its been dire!
Post a Comment
<< Home