Crikey! What A Bonza Day!
Well, as you may have guessed by the title, we finally made it to Australia Zoo yesterday - woo hoo! It was great fun, but Mr Irwin wasn't there - how disappointing. Mum, please can I have a tiger for Christmas?? Steph, do you reckon Cleo would get on with him?!?
Anyhow, back to the zoo! We watched the croc, bird and Tiger show, and I watched the snake show (while Louisa went to watch the Kids Corner)... At this point, I would like to say that Louisa isn't a big whimp as she thinks I'm painting that picture of her when I'm really not meaning to! After all, she is the one who was dissapointed yesterday that she wasn't able to hold a baby croc or alligator. The one they offered for the picture was 'too small' for Louisa's liking - I know she's tall, but I'm worried how she planned to hold a bigger 'gator and live to tell the tale!
So yeah, we saw all the above, plus lots of others - Kangaroos, Koalas, Aligators, Wombats, Tasmanian Devils... the list goes on. The tigers were so cute. We were quite surprised by how much human contact these animals get though - we thought Steve was into his conservation, which he is, but they've reared a lot of the animals from babies so they've got brilliant relationships with them.
Today we saw Brisbane. Everyone that we've spoken to kind of puts Brisbane down as not having much to do there. It's the biggest city in Queensland (I think), it's fast becoming the most popular place to live and the locals call it Bris Vegas, but other than the nightlife there's not a great deal here! But we still tried to prove everyone wrong, and as a result went off on a little tour today. The highlight of which was a free Kylie Exhibition (those of you who know me will know that Kylie is no longer one of my favourites like she was when I was little so that shows how much Brisbane has to offer)!
We also went across 2 bridges, walked along the river, went through a rainforest walk and through the parklands. The only thing we missed out was the Botanical Gardens (sorry Martin), but who knows, maybe we'll come back to those.
We're off to Lone Pine tomorrow - hoping to cuddle a Koala which would be good. I have to say, on one hand they're pretty boring and don't do much (they sleep for 18 hours a day), but then for that same reason they're my kind of animal!
We hear it's pretty cold back home, it's hard to imagine that in 3 weeks time we'll be putting on our extra layers to keep warm. Oh well, I guess we'll just make the most of the lovely sunshine for now!!
Take care m'lovelies
Love, Peace & Jelly Babies
Wobblepop & Weezer
xXx
Anyhow, back to the zoo! We watched the croc, bird and Tiger show, and I watched the snake show (while Louisa went to watch the Kids Corner)... At this point, I would like to say that Louisa isn't a big whimp as she thinks I'm painting that picture of her when I'm really not meaning to! After all, she is the one who was dissapointed yesterday that she wasn't able to hold a baby croc or alligator. The one they offered for the picture was 'too small' for Louisa's liking - I know she's tall, but I'm worried how she planned to hold a bigger 'gator and live to tell the tale!
So yeah, we saw all the above, plus lots of others - Kangaroos, Koalas, Aligators, Wombats, Tasmanian Devils... the list goes on. The tigers were so cute. We were quite surprised by how much human contact these animals get though - we thought Steve was into his conservation, which he is, but they've reared a lot of the animals from babies so they've got brilliant relationships with them.
Today we saw Brisbane. Everyone that we've spoken to kind of puts Brisbane down as not having much to do there. It's the biggest city in Queensland (I think), it's fast becoming the most popular place to live and the locals call it Bris Vegas, but other than the nightlife there's not a great deal here! But we still tried to prove everyone wrong, and as a result went off on a little tour today. The highlight of which was a free Kylie Exhibition (those of you who know me will know that Kylie is no longer one of my favourites like she was when I was little so that shows how much Brisbane has to offer)!
We also went across 2 bridges, walked along the river, went through a rainforest walk and through the parklands. The only thing we missed out was the Botanical Gardens (sorry Martin), but who knows, maybe we'll come back to those.
We're off to Lone Pine tomorrow - hoping to cuddle a Koala which would be good. I have to say, on one hand they're pretty boring and don't do much (they sleep for 18 hours a day), but then for that same reason they're my kind of animal!
We hear it's pretty cold back home, it's hard to imagine that in 3 weeks time we'll be putting on our extra layers to keep warm. Oh well, I guess we'll just make the most of the lovely sunshine for now!!
Take care m'lovelies
Love, Peace & Jelly Babies
Wobblepop & Weezer
xXx

14 Comments:
I'm looking forward to seeing you struggle into all of the jumpers you'll be getting for christmas.
I assume you'll be wearing all of them at once when you get back here :)
BTW its warm today (10 degrees c)
10 degrees c is too cold. Brr.
The best thing about 'Oz-traly-ear Zoo' is when you can be standing there and a camel just walks past you on a lead or even a wombat or any other random animal that you are lucky enough to be seeing. I hope you have stroked plenty of Kangaroos so far.
I'll forgive you about the Botanic Gardens as the ones in Melbourne and Sydney are much better. Maybe i'll write you that guide now...
Thanks for the warning about the claws, but no-one said anything about the bloomin' scent glands did they?! My lovely clean t-shirt now reaks of male koala - mmmm, nice!
Supposedly the evidence is on http://www.koala.net/photo/2311026039.htm but this didn't work just now - hopefully you'll be more sucessful than me!
We didn't take a ferry trip - we're backpackers! But we did walk over 2 bridges so I expect one was Victoria Bridge.
so, now its horses and kangaroos?
I think sent glands are a bit different than hannahs own brand of carwash shepette.
Scuse my other half shes not really with it in the morning
If you don't like strange smells, then you'd better look out if you come across Ant & Dec. They have a guest who makes a mess in camp.
Hi Hannah,
Got your postcard to everyone yesterday, thank you! Will bring it with me to climbing next Fri.
Da sheep - where were the glands 'sent'?!
Cathy xx
Parcel of clothes arrived today. I reckon it would have been cheaper to give them to charity in NZ and buy new here (but not from charity shop as Echo says they're expensive).
Hannah,
Thanks for the postcard. Apologies for the lack of inane comments recently but unfortunately I had to do some work. Consequently this comment is longish.
I know where Steve Irwin was - here in blighty appearing on Frank Skinners chatshow last night - in pristine Khaki's as well.
Don't worry about the weather when you return - it's the price of gas that will hurt, not the temperature!
You look about as tanned in your piccy as I went in the US - not very.
We didn't get up close and personal with wildlife quite like that although the bison were walking through our campsite in Yellowstone - Helen had to be careful when getting out the van to direct my reversiing! Apparently there was a grizzly nearby but we didn't see it - only its claw marks on the lake shore (about 50mm long)
Can I have a christmas list please? I am working on one for you and will email it when ready.
Also - wobblepoppop mentioned something about foo yung in London - why didn't I get an invite - or would I embarrass you as usual? (btw I have booked tikets for Bon Jovi next summer in Southampton - got you one too!)
See you soon
Wow Hannah, I managed to view a picture of you holding a Koala!! He/she is very cute, wish I was there...
You look great by the way! Full of health!
You might be back at work sooner than me, I have been off since about 20th Oct with my foot, going to have an op next week to try and fix it...
Looking forward to your return to chilly England, you will not believe how cold it is, it was enough of a shock last week when we got back from Barbados, and we (yes, even Mike is cold) can't get warm!!
take care Hannah & Louisa
love
julia
Hello you two, sounds like your having a great time.
We had SNOW! Scary driving to work, lots of sideways action!
Make the most of the warm weather.
Git - what do you want for XMAS??
Big Sis, please can I have some of those fridge magnet photo frame holder things like you bought mum and dad for their anniversary. I know that I don't have a fridge to stick them too - but I do have lots of photos. Other than that, I don't know!
I am going to the Home and Away Beach today. I am soo excited! I know that they won't be filming today but I will still be there & I will get to see the Surf Club!
Iain, have you really got me a Bon Jovi ticket?? SWEET!!!! Thank you! (Don't tell me you didn't now!)
Guess what? We went to Home & Away and they WERE filming... yay yay yay, but very dissapointed as the Surf Club at Summer Bay doesn't really sell food or drink, and nor does anywhere else there apparently!
Not after sympathy I promise, but it did rain again tonight. Rubbish!
Post a Comment
<< Home