Horsing Around Down Under
Hey folks, how's it going? Sorry now if I miss out any vowels - it appears this keyboard doesn't like them!!
Anyhow, loads has happened since Magnetic Island... we've driven lots. Yay! We drove 12 hours the other day to get to Kroombit. Man, that place was great fun! For some reason I wasn't too worried about the creepy crawlys, red backs or toads around. We stayed on a Cattle Farm which would usually put me off, but there was something about the atmosphere that I liked. We even went horse riding to muster the cattle (move the cattle from one field to the next). They have 10 acres of cattle farm there, but that's quite little - a lot of the places out here have farms with acres in the millions - hard to comprehend 'eh?
So last night we went to Hervey Bay, Gateway to Fraser Island. Unfortunately we don't have time for that, but I did forget to mention that we did a day trip to Whitsundays which was lovely.
Anyhow, loads has happened since Magnetic Island... we've driven lots. Yay! We drove 12 hours the other day to get to Kroombit. Man, that place was great fun! For some reason I wasn't too worried about the creepy crawlys, red backs or toads around. We stayed on a Cattle Farm which would usually put me off, but there was something about the atmosphere that I liked. We even went horse riding to muster the cattle (move the cattle from one field to the next). They have 10 acres of cattle farm there, but that's quite little - a lot of the places out here have farms with acres in the millions - hard to comprehend 'eh?
So last night we went to Hervey Bay, Gateway to Fraser Island. Unfortunately we don't have time for that, but I did forget to mention that we did a day trip to Whitsundays which was lovely.

9 Comments:
ok, will volunteer you next time James wants to move his cows.
Wasnt there enough cows and horses while you were growing up at Blackfield?
Hannah, we need a serious chat about what you are missing out over there :P Glad you went around the Whitsundays though.
uh, martin, wont it be too late by the time you get to have this chat?
Quite possibly but everyone plans to go back there one day, my experience has to be useful to someone out there.
Now practice saying: CRIKEY!
Martin,
So you've heard about wobblepopmum's tendency to leave the gate open and invite the local ponies in for manure collection! (which probably explains the 'atmosphere' Hannah noticed?)
Hannah,
I've just had a look at what you have been up to for the first time. It sounds like you have been all over the shop and having fun out there. Work is a bit crap at the moment but who wants to talk shop!!
I heard you went to Hervey Bay. I've heard of it 'cos my mum and dad came back from there with a car sticker saying "I got humped in Hervey Bay". I didn't ask but I think (and hope) it has something to do with humpback whales.
I think a baby goat is a kid or something. Don't know if you still wanted to know.
And by the way those puns are awful!!
Anyway take care and will see you when you get back.
Chris
Well Martin, you did say you'd send us an email of what not to miss, and so far I haven't seen any of those so it's your own fault if we're missing stuff!
Chris C, what do you mean the puns are awful? I thought my colleagues would really be missing my sense of humour??? I'm hurt!
CRIKEY! (We're going tomorrow)
Just like my guide to NZ i did for you? Hmmmm? Eh?
Hey, I forgot to bring that with me but you said you'd send me the stuff about Oz so that's completely your fault, not mine!
Post a Comment
<< Home