Excited by Erinsborough!
So we finally made it to Erinsborough!!!!
Poor Louisa, she pretends she's not interested, but I could tell she was gutted we didn't get to see the studios. I tried to explain it's because Neighbours is real life and therefore we see the real houses of Susan, Paul and 'The House of Trouser' etc, but she clearly wasn't impressed. I don't know why!?
So yep, we went off to Erinsborough High School (for some reason, the sign for the school was in our oh-so-cheesy-but-I-loved-it-anyway Neighbours Tour Bus, I'm not sure why - anyone would think it was just a prop), then we headed off to Ramsey Street - WOO HOO! Again, the street sign was in our bus and for some reason the name that appeared at the end of the quaint little cul-de-sac was not Ramsey Street, but rather Pin Oak - what's that all about?! I figured they must have to do that to protect Harold and co. from the constant harrassment they must get.
After the spectacular tour of Erinsborough and the surrounds, we then had the exciting Trivia evening which I can just tell Louisa was even more ecstatic about! We met Paul, Lilijana (who isn't in it here anymore - confused!) and Max. Unfortunately Doctor Karl and Toadie were both in England, but Karl will be back there this coming Monday - Ash, you don't mind if I come back to work a couple of days late do you??
Unfortunately, the trivia quiz wasn't solely based on Neighbours, so I was a bit unprepared! But we were on a table with 4 Australians (dragged along by 1 British girl!) who were quite relieved to be able to answer the general knowledge questions. Sadly, they put our local knowledge to shame by knowing more about our country than us! However, we did ok, we came 2nd out of the whole pub and lost out on $200 by 1 point - not bad methinks (Claire & Mark, don't get too excited, I did my usual contribution of answering about 2 questions).
So today we're off to see the Cutsie Wootsie Ickle Penguins. I'm not sure how they'll compare to yesterday, but I guess I'll have to go take a look anyhow. Another tough day ahead!
Oh, but I forgot to mention - it was sunny ALL day yesterday - it never rains in Erinsborough. However, it's back to the rain today and we've got to go spend the afternoon/evening out in it waiting for the penguins. I'm sure it'll be worth it... hehe!
Can't believe I leave in less than 2 days now. :'(
Hey ho, see you all very soon
Take care
xXx
Poor Louisa, she pretends she's not interested, but I could tell she was gutted we didn't get to see the studios. I tried to explain it's because Neighbours is real life and therefore we see the real houses of Susan, Paul and 'The House of Trouser' etc, but she clearly wasn't impressed. I don't know why!?
So yep, we went off to Erinsborough High School (for some reason, the sign for the school was in our oh-so-cheesy-but-I-loved-it-anyway Neighbours Tour Bus, I'm not sure why - anyone would think it was just a prop), then we headed off to Ramsey Street - WOO HOO! Again, the street sign was in our bus and for some reason the name that appeared at the end of the quaint little cul-de-sac was not Ramsey Street, but rather Pin Oak - what's that all about?! I figured they must have to do that to protect Harold and co. from the constant harrassment they must get.
After the spectacular tour of Erinsborough and the surrounds, we then had the exciting Trivia evening which I can just tell Louisa was even more ecstatic about! We met Paul, Lilijana (who isn't in it here anymore - confused!) and Max. Unfortunately Doctor Karl and Toadie were both in England, but Karl will be back there this coming Monday - Ash, you don't mind if I come back to work a couple of days late do you??
Unfortunately, the trivia quiz wasn't solely based on Neighbours, so I was a bit unprepared! But we were on a table with 4 Australians (dragged along by 1 British girl!) who were quite relieved to be able to answer the general knowledge questions. Sadly, they put our local knowledge to shame by knowing more about our country than us! However, we did ok, we came 2nd out of the whole pub and lost out on $200 by 1 point - not bad methinks (Claire & Mark, don't get too excited, I did my usual contribution of answering about 2 questions).
So today we're off to see the Cutsie Wootsie Ickle Penguins. I'm not sure how they'll compare to yesterday, but I guess I'll have to go take a look anyhow. Another tough day ahead!
Oh, but I forgot to mention - it was sunny ALL day yesterday - it never rains in Erinsborough. However, it's back to the rain today and we've got to go spend the afternoon/evening out in it waiting for the penguins. I'm sure it'll be worth it... hehe!
Can't believe I leave in less than 2 days now. :'(
Hey ho, see you all very soon
Take care
xXx

3 Comments:
I'll give a copy of this to Wobblepoppopmom and Wobblepoppoppop but I am not sure they will understand a word of it!
Let's face it wobblepoppop, you don't understand a word of it either!
To be honest I lost track of it decades ago so haven't a clue either - I thought Paul went off to pursue a 'pop' career (Don't it wanna make you feel good... or something like that?)
Now if the quiz was solely about neighbours then I would call that trivial - however general knowledge is vitally important - as Marc proves every time we have a quiz - the only way I can beat him is if he isn't playing.
I know why the penguins live under the houses - it's so they don't melt - ha ha (comments like that must make you dread coming home)
Post a Comment
<< Home