Lost Nemo
Greetings again!
My Cairns trip is nearly at the end (sniffle), as we're headed off tomorrow. However, I've been privelledged enough to spend most of my time with the locals so I've seen some nice local treats - rain forest, stunning views and BBQ at a nice picturesque water resevoir type thing.
Yesterday Louisa and I took our first proper trip and went to the Great Barrier Reef by helicopter. The views were amazing and the reef was stunning. I went snorkelling and it was just the best experience! It's really hard to describe how amazing it looked - no photos ever do it justice (although I still tried)! So if you ever get the chance, I strongly reccomend you come over and see it for yourself. I've never seen so many great fish in their natural environment. However, I didn't find any Nemo's (clown fish) which was sad.
However, we did meet Wally who is a big Maori fish of somesort, I can't remember it's proper name now! The day wasn't trouble free though unfortunately. Louisa was quite poorly so we were unable to do the glass-bottomed boat (didn't make much difference to me as I was able to go in the water)... but that wasn't the end of it. I got stung!!!! I don't know what by, but as I'm sitting here writing to you now, you know it wasn't anything serious. It was a weird feeling though I have to say.
Today we've visited Cairns Rainforest Dome which is on top of a Casino - weird as 'eh?! But it's pretty sweet. We're headed back a bit later to try and catch the Koala Experience (whatever that is - we're not sure yet)!
Tomorrow we head down the coast to Mission Beach.
I trust the weather isn't too bad for you guys down there, Louisa said it was a bit of a climate change for her.
Have fun at work y'all!
Take care
xXx
Oh, PS, A belated happy birthday to Dave (sorry I forgot mate)!
My Cairns trip is nearly at the end (sniffle), as we're headed off tomorrow. However, I've been privelledged enough to spend most of my time with the locals so I've seen some nice local treats - rain forest, stunning views and BBQ at a nice picturesque water resevoir type thing.
Yesterday Louisa and I took our first proper trip and went to the Great Barrier Reef by helicopter. The views were amazing and the reef was stunning. I went snorkelling and it was just the best experience! It's really hard to describe how amazing it looked - no photos ever do it justice (although I still tried)! So if you ever get the chance, I strongly reccomend you come over and see it for yourself. I've never seen so many great fish in their natural environment. However, I didn't find any Nemo's (clown fish) which was sad.
However, we did meet Wally who is a big Maori fish of somesort, I can't remember it's proper name now! The day wasn't trouble free though unfortunately. Louisa was quite poorly so we were unable to do the glass-bottomed boat (didn't make much difference to me as I was able to go in the water)... but that wasn't the end of it. I got stung!!!! I don't know what by, but as I'm sitting here writing to you now, you know it wasn't anything serious. It was a weird feeling though I have to say.
Today we've visited Cairns Rainforest Dome which is on top of a Casino - weird as 'eh?! But it's pretty sweet. We're headed back a bit later to try and catch the Koala Experience (whatever that is - we're not sure yet)!
Tomorrow we head down the coast to Mission Beach.
I trust the weather isn't too bad for you guys down there, Louisa said it was a bit of a climate change for her.
Have fun at work y'all!
Take care
xXx
Oh, PS, A belated happy birthday to Dave (sorry I forgot mate)!

8 Comments:
BBQ by a water reservoir. Well I never. What other sort of reservoir is there out there?
Wobblepoppop, it could be an underground reservoir type thing.
I reckon the Koala Experience might have something to do with polar bears myself........
Hannah, as well all know you don't like boats is it really fair to blame Louisa for not having a boat trip?
Wobblepoppop - Could have been a hydraulic fluid reservoir? (not good for drinking, swimming or barbecuing)
Sheepette - the boat thing is hereditary - blame it on Wobblepoppop, it was tough getting him to the Isle of Wight, although he did enjoy aforementioned dinghy (prior to barbed wire incident)!
I get queasy on boats despite spending my time designing, building or repairing them!
Hannah,
I am surprised you needed a snorkel - don't you have gills? (think wobblepopmum)
I think Koala experience is probably a disease if you have to catch it.
What I can't understand is why you are spending your time near the beach - you could have done that at Lepe - what's wrong with a bit of desert or mountains?
When will we hear from Wobblepoppoppop & wobblepopgran?
Take care
That must be the 6th Wally i have heard about on that reef (infact i saw him about 200 miles south of Cairns). I am actually starting to think that the Aussies are fobbing us Brits off with some utter tripe.
Good news about Mission Beach, its where the rain never stops (being well and properly in the rain forest). Oh and they call it Mission because its a total mission to get anywhere buy food or just get to the food shop. Maybe because everyone walks around with strange looking, long cigarettes....
I waswondering, have you learnt to play the didgerdoo while you were over there?
Yippee, Its not only me that gets sick doing things near/on the sea!! It must defintely run in the family, blame the mother's genes!
Have fun, and if you see any penguins or even a friend for Archie.......
Thank you for the post card.
Louisa was probably made ill by the jetlag methinks cuz since our trip we've been travelling by coach, ferry and even went on a Kayak (why? Bloomin' hard work for no real result!) and she's been fine with all those.
Post a Comment
<< Home