Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tired Tuesday

We had a great night last night (I say we, I think Chris genuinely enjoyed it even if he was a bit overwhelmed by Dr Karl Kennedy's sex appeal with da ladeeez)! Sorry Louisa, but this one was way better than last time. For a start, 2/3 of the characters hadn't been written out or killed off this time, and the one that had was always a favourite of mine anyhow (Stuart, pictured left with me), and to top it off, Waiting Room (Dr Karl, aka Alan Fletcher's band) finished the evening off with a gig. Brilliant!

The brilliance only lasted so long however. Having tried all the tricks that people told me to get over jet lag (set my watch to Oz time at Heathrow, sleep on the plane from Singapore to Melbourne etc), I was disappointed to discover that it hadn't worked when I woke up 2 hours after having gone to sleep when I got in last night, and then proceeded not to sleep until, ooh, "wake-up o'clock"! So at about 9 when everyone else was getting up, I was just falling asleep. Doh.

As a result, today wasn't very active for either of us as poor Chris has a cold, and I had jet lag. So after a massive breakfast (breakfast is served til at least 3.30 round here!), a tram ride into the city and numerous cups of coffee, we decided to head back and chill out at St Kilda where we're currently staying. We grabbed some lunch and then headed back to the hostel where I watched my first episode of Neighbours since arriving. We've also planned/booked up some other stuff to do while we're here so it wasn't a complete waste of a day.

I have added some pictures of the trip so far to Facebook. I don't think you need to be on Facebook to be able to see them, just follow the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=136223&id=669980946&l=4815a28225

Hope everyone is well. I've fought off sleeping all day and am now off to get some well-deserved sleep!
N'night.
Hannah
xXx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Marc said...

Breakfast until 3:30? Sounds like my ideal kind of place!

Seem to remember you saying the Neighbours night at the end of your last trip was the highlight, so what are you going to do for the next month now?!?

Enjoy yourself once the jetlag disappears...

1 December 2009 at 12:41:00 GMT  
Blogger wobblepop said...

I did wonder that myself - I'm not sure how we'll fill the time up but I'm sure we'll find a way!

Managed to sleep all night from 9 last night (my usual bedtime back home!) to 6ish this morning, so hopefully I'm over the jet-lag now. x

1 December 2009 at 19:47:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home