Awesome Australia
Ok, so it's been a while since I last wrote. so I thought I would break my time down into mini blogs, this being the first. Let us first recap on what adventures we have had since my last blog...
1. I continued to have jetlag
2. I got Chris' cold
3. I got hayfever
4. I felt generally quite ill whilst in Melbourne
However, this did not stop me having a great time. I just had a more chilled out time - we did practically nothing between our Neighbours night on Monday up until Friday morning (except eat & sleep). Sure, we ventured into town, got some of the nicest coffee we've ever had, ate some of the biggest Chinese meals we'd ever consumed and generally mooched about, but being ill and jet-lagged had put a dampner on our energy levels.
As I say, we ate big Chinese meals - despite being ill, we made it to China Town on Wednesday, and it was full of lovely Chinese restaurants, one of which we chose to eat at. They say you can always tell a good Chinese restaurant when it is full of Chinese people. Well, the one we chose to eat in was certainly in that category. But so was China Town generally. Unfortunately, being the English tourists that we are, we didn't entirely get the etiquette of Chinese meals, and it turns out that their portions are HUUUUGGGGEEEE! We had some pork dumplings. I love these back home and there's never enough on the plate (about 4-6 tiny dumplings between 2). Not so here, no siree! 10, massive dumplings! We ordered a plate each too!! Then, for our main, I decided to get adventurous and had some meat noodle soup thing. Oh my, it was like spaghetti bolognese with soup on the side, and it too was massive! It was nice, but way too much for the two of us as Chris had also ordered something different (see his blog for details!).
Due to fullness/illness/tiredness/jet-lag-ness, we didn't eat dinner for the first few nights in Melbourne! We've now adapted to the time zones and the meal times though, so are gradually getting back on track.
On Sophie's recommendation, we went to a little place in Melbourne called Beer Deluxe. I had a refreshing Malibu & Coke (as I don't like beer). To your left, you will see a picture of Chris drinking the beer, and showing off the Beer Deluxe 'Beer Bible' which features fine ales from places such as Australia, Europe and... Dorset! (ok, I know Dorset is in Europe, but I was impressed they considered some beer from near us to be good enough to import Down Under).
Right then, don't want to bore you so this is the end of mini-blog one, more to follow!
Right then, don't want to bore you so this is the end of mini-blog one, more to follow!
Hannah
xXx

1 Comments:
2 things.
Shouldn't you be eating aussie food?
did you know you can get beer and chinese food without travelling half way rounf the world.
Post a Comment
<< Home