Travelling tales
Just in case you're wondering what we've been up to since Milford Sound, I can confirm that it's not much! We've just been travelling, chilling and taking in the continuously (is that a word!?) amazing scenery.
From Milford Sound we travelled back to Wanaka where we wandered round the town, the weather was great. Oh, and did I happen to mention that I beat Sarah at Crazy Golf while in Te Anau??? Those who know me and my golfing skills will know this is very rare at my level... those who know Sarah well may realise that it wasn't such a great achievement after all!
Today we travelled from Wanaka to Franz Josef. We took a little tour to the Glacier base before going to the hostel. It looks amazing (the glacier, not the hostel, although that's not so bad either) and I am really looking forward to doing my heli-hike tomorrow. I know everyone said I should do the full day hike but this is my treat to myself so I hope you'll forgive me!
After shopping we came back here to eat and then played Pool. I love being Sarah's opponent at sport as I actually won (Sorry Sarah, but this really is a rare thing for me to be able to get excited about)! She's trying to convince me to play Monopoly though which I think I will try and avoid or my winning streak could be coming to an end.
Well now that I've bored you with all the mundane details of our travelling, I will leave you to your exciting day... bet it's not as good as mine!
From Milford Sound we travelled back to Wanaka where we wandered round the town, the weather was great. Oh, and did I happen to mention that I beat Sarah at Crazy Golf while in Te Anau??? Those who know me and my golfing skills will know this is very rare at my level... those who know Sarah well may realise that it wasn't such a great achievement after all!
Today we travelled from Wanaka to Franz Josef. We took a little tour to the Glacier base before going to the hostel. It looks amazing (the glacier, not the hostel, although that's not so bad either) and I am really looking forward to doing my heli-hike tomorrow. I know everyone said I should do the full day hike but this is my treat to myself so I hope you'll forgive me!
After shopping we came back here to eat and then played Pool. I love being Sarah's opponent at sport as I actually won (Sorry Sarah, but this really is a rare thing for me to be able to get excited about)! She's trying to convince me to play Monopoly though which I think I will try and avoid or my winning streak could be coming to an end.
Well now that I've bored you with all the mundane details of our travelling, I will leave you to your exciting day... bet it's not as good as mine!
See you all very soon - time is still whizzing by.
Take care
xXx

9 Comments:
Hannah,
Yes I have an exciting day lined up - would you like to hear about that? - maybe I should do a blog - 'Life at RNLI Towers'?
0730 - Leave Home
0830 - Visit Coffee Machine
0845 - Read Wobblepop's World
0855 - Check Email/Ebay
0900 - Visit Coffee machine
1000 - Coffee machine
1030 - Work (tough day)
1300 - Pub/Lunch/Asda/lunchtime run
Etc. Etc.
If any bosses are looking over my shoulder I will cut down on the coffee machine visits, attend meetings and get on with the calculations and drawings as necessary, soon.
Tonight we will play badminton.
Last Thursday (Helen's Birthday) we went to the Guildhall to see DIO (not DIDO) - an ancient rock band from the 1980's.
I suspect monopoly is not a good idea for you - although you may find you have a mean streak when it comes to finance (like Marc?)
Glad to hear you're having a good time and actually seeing stuff not just writing blog pages. I assume heli-hike involves minimum uphill walking?
Take care
Hannah! So glad you're having a great time! I'm so jealous - wish I was in NZ again! Have a great time in Oz with Luigi xxx
Love the way you've had to travel 12000+ miles just to find someone you can beat at various games...
Iain - You really ought to cut down on the coffee. And my day's clearly more exciting than yours since I even get to go to Asda at lunchtime to buy biscuits for tonight's badminton!
Anyway Hannah, keep having fun and enjoy your heli-hike (whatever one of them is).
*Tut, tut, tut* a heli-hike indeed.....
Just to let you know that I didn't get to do the heli-hike - it's too cloudy! And I can't do anything else as a substitute on the glacier walking front today, so I'm a bit gutted to say the least! So Martin, I'm going to be stealing your FJ hike photos and claiming them as my own (the ones without you & Fran in obviously), hope you don't mind!
Iain, are you sure the amount of coffee trips you take are wise?! I'm sure it can't be healthy for you. The coffee over here is way to strong for me, even when I ask for a weak one the spoon could stand up in it!
Marc, a heli-hike is basically a helicopter trip over the area to give great views you wouldn't usually see, and then they land on the ice, leave you to walk about a bit and carve some ice steps etc, and then they pick you back up and take you back to town. It means you don't have to spend hours getting through the not-so-scenic bits before seeing the real thing.
Ok, I may as well have written another blog after this comment, but hey, it's not like I don't have a bit of time to kill now!
As a kind of substitute we're off to see the base of Fox Glacier before heading to Greymouth to see what they have to offer. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to write about soon!
Ooo I got a postcard yesterday :)
Wasnt from you though Hannah so your still slacking
I'll give you a clue who its from... its adressed to me, claire, james, james, martina, graham, zoe, matt and ju(the rest is scribled out like they dont know how to spell juliet)
Come on slacker ;)
Oh and if your getting so good at beating ppl while upside down does this mean you want a zorbing contest? :P
Hannah,
I only drink the chocolate which I am assured is a good, wholesome, healthy alternative to fruit juice.
Sorry you missed the heli hike but you could always walk?
Have fun, take care.
Can't believe there is a place called the Fox Glacier - make sure you don't overdose on mints...
Next blog entry, if you don't go on about how good the weather is, I'm sure you won't have any problems with low cloud etc. Just to make you feel better, apparently today was due to be the warmest 28th October here in history...
PS I'd love to see you trying to explain to Wobblepop Pop and Gran what zorbing is if you ever met da sheep's challenge!
The low cloud meant I couldn't walk too far either. I think Marc's right (for once), I shouldn't have said about the great day and then maybe things would have been ok.
Hey ho, I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time. At least I have a reason to come back one day.
Zorbing... urm, I'm not sure if I'm up for the challenge or not - it's cold in Blighty! I'll let you know. As for the postcard you recieved, I have NO idea, but as they missed out my name from the adressee I'm guessing they don't like me so I won't bother trying to guess who sent it!
The Kiwi's are particularly laid back, so it would stand to reason that their postal system is too. One for you is on the way I promise!
Post a Comment
<< Home