Hello Chris!
Sorry it's taken a while to update the blog! I'll write a bit at a time to save you having to read copious amounts of words.
I left Karen & her mum at Adelaide airport and caught my Tiger flight back to Melbourne. Chris was due to arrive about an hour after me, so it timed in perfectly (providing the flight would be on time). Fortunately, Tiger Airways did not live up to their reputation and were actually on time. They even touched down about 5 minutes early! Unfortunately I hadn't been feeling well all day (bloomin' travel sickness) so had to buy some travel sickness pills for the flight, which were much needed thanks to more turbulence.
Once I'd touched down I was relieved to have a bit of time to get over the illness, even managed to stomach a McDonald's for dinner! Then spent the next hour and a half waiting for Chris to emerge from Customs (I'd written him a "Chris" card so he'd know who he was meeting and would remember his name after the long journey!)...
I got chatting to a girl who was waiting for her twin sister to arrive from home, who had been on the same flight as Chris. She was very emotional and when she saw her twin arrive she pretty much jumped on her because she was so excited to see her! I'm sad to say that Chris didn't get quite the same reaction from me but I was very pleased to see him. He didn't look too bad for over 24 hours on a plane!
We departed the airport and headed back to Ross & Sally's for Chris to begin getting over jetlag and us to start planning our adventures. Millie & Charlie (the dogs) seemed happy to see me, but were quite wary of Chris for a while! They soon came round to the idea though.
We spent a few more days in Melbourne, visiting Queen Vic Markets, booking our train tickets and generally wandering around the sights of Elsternwick and Melbourne city. I've only known Ross & Sally for a few weeks, but they made us feel so at home and we are so grateful for their generosity.
One week ago today we bid farewell to Ross, Sally, Millie & Charlie, left Melbourne and headed to the station to begin our first leg of our amazing journey - an overnight train to Sydney.
I left Karen & her mum at Adelaide airport and caught my Tiger flight back to Melbourne. Chris was due to arrive about an hour after me, so it timed in perfectly (providing the flight would be on time). Fortunately, Tiger Airways did not live up to their reputation and were actually on time. They even touched down about 5 minutes early! Unfortunately I hadn't been feeling well all day (bloomin' travel sickness) so had to buy some travel sickness pills for the flight, which were much needed thanks to more turbulence.
Once I'd touched down I was relieved to have a bit of time to get over the illness, even managed to stomach a McDonald's for dinner! Then spent the next hour and a half waiting for Chris to emerge from Customs (I'd written him a "Chris" card so he'd know who he was meeting and would remember his name after the long journey!)...
I got chatting to a girl who was waiting for her twin sister to arrive from home, who had been on the same flight as Chris. She was very emotional and when she saw her twin arrive she pretty much jumped on her because she was so excited to see her! I'm sad to say that Chris didn't get quite the same reaction from me but I was very pleased to see him. He didn't look too bad for over 24 hours on a plane!
We departed the airport and headed back to Ross & Sally's for Chris to begin getting over jetlag and us to start planning our adventures. Millie & Charlie (the dogs) seemed happy to see me, but were quite wary of Chris for a while! They soon came round to the idea though.
We spent a few more days in Melbourne, visiting Queen Vic Markets, booking our train tickets and generally wandering around the sights of Elsternwick and Melbourne city. I've only known Ross & Sally for a few weeks, but they made us feel so at home and we are so grateful for their generosity.
One week ago today we bid farewell to Ross, Sally, Millie & Charlie, left Melbourne and headed to the station to begin our first leg of our amazing journey - an overnight train to Sydney.

2 Comments:
Did the girl you were chatting to have a card also, so her sister would know who she was?
Perhaps they should've - she missed her when she first came out. Supposedly they were identical twins, but they looked completely different (one was pregnant, which might explain it!).
Post a Comment
<< Home