Fiji Fun & Sun
Right, this post had best work! I've just tried twice to get this thing done and failed miserably - bloomin' foreign keyboards - they delete everything in a second and there's no undo'ing it here!
Anyhow. I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm having fun already. Travelling on my own is actually not at all scary (so far) and I've met quite a few people. The planes were HUGE & a bit scary, but I think I'll be used to them by the time I get back home (I'd best be - it's a long boat ride back and I don't like boats)! The bloke next to me on the way from LA to Fiji fell asleep on me several times so I was entertained by that. I also got a bit nervvy at LA when my plane from London to LA landed 5 minutes before the one from LA to Fiji was due to take off!! But it was ok, they held the plane for me, how nice is that?!? Actually, it wasn't just me but hey, I thought it was pretty generous anyhow.
I haven't done much so far as I've been catching up on sleep. Although I did play a game of pool. Those who know me well know I'm pretty bad & lack considerable skill (except for that one shot I played with Steph a few months back!), I don't think my case was helped when my opponent turned out to be a 6ft guy called 'The Machine'. Granted, size shouldn't matter, but the name said it all and needless to say I lost!
Anyhow, not much else to say right now so should be in contact at the end of the week when I can tell you about Fiji in a bit more detail!
Thank you for my list people - earplugs are noted & packed. Milk... Fiji has milk but why wasn't it higher on the list?!
See you all in December.
xXx
Anyhow. I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm having fun already. Travelling on my own is actually not at all scary (so far) and I've met quite a few people. The planes were HUGE & a bit scary, but I think I'll be used to them by the time I get back home (I'd best be - it's a long boat ride back and I don't like boats)! The bloke next to me on the way from LA to Fiji fell asleep on me several times so I was entertained by that. I also got a bit nervvy at LA when my plane from London to LA landed 5 minutes before the one from LA to Fiji was due to take off!! But it was ok, they held the plane for me, how nice is that?!? Actually, it wasn't just me but hey, I thought it was pretty generous anyhow.
I haven't done much so far as I've been catching up on sleep. Although I did play a game of pool. Those who know me well know I'm pretty bad & lack considerable skill (except for that one shot I played with Steph a few months back!), I don't think my case was helped when my opponent turned out to be a 6ft guy called 'The Machine'. Granted, size shouldn't matter, but the name said it all and needless to say I lost!
Anyhow, not much else to say right now so should be in contact at the end of the week when I can tell you about Fiji in a bit more detail!
Thank you for my list people - earplugs are noted & packed. Milk... Fiji has milk but why wasn't it higher on the list?!
See you all in December.
xXx

10 Comments:
Wow, you met a very strong person, if they held a plane up for you.
also did you know we have pool tables in England so you didn't actually need to fly half way around the world just for a game.
anyway have a fab time, i'll just get back to work.
Hi Hannah,
Glad you made it ok!! Also that you are having a great time.
Take care,
Graham
Hi Hannah,
Glad you're there safely, let the adventure begin!
Louisa is seriously regretting not coming with you for the whole 2 months, work is such a rubbish alternative! SKP was more like Fiji today as heating went into overdrive and was 1 degree away from everyone being sent home - shame it didn't go that little bit higher!
Hope you find some washing powder before you start smelling too badly!
Blog to you soon,
Louisa & Cathy xx
hi hannah.
just a quick posting. my go4.it addres no longer works, see your email mail for new adress.
Hi Hannah! I am impressed, an entry already! Good to know you are safe and well, and enjoying your travels. Only 9 days till Becki leaves USA now, make the most of it, it goes very quickly! I passed on the web address to Marie. Don't forget the love shaped island!
Cathy and Louisa were lucky, it got hot for everyone else, but we were still in cardi's at SKP, nothing changes huh!
take care
love
julia
Wasn't "Machine" in that film 8MM? I don't want to alarm anyone.....
Hannah,
Glad to hear you got there - how was US immigration? Did you see the fires around LA?
We may just have sorted our US piccies by the time you return - Helen took 3500!! We will have to have a joint slideshow and bore the family.
Don't forget to mention the cricket on arrival in Australia - tell them your best mate is Freddie Flintoff or Kevin Pierterson and you may get some free drinks (or something else?)
Warning - other than the cranks you sit next to on planes, trains and buses, returning to work is the worst thing about travelling!
Have fun,
Iain
Folks,
I forgot to ask - why Wobblepop? Can anyone enlighten a confused older brother?
Cheers
Iain
Hi Hannah,
Hope you're enjoying yourself, and have now worked out how to play pool.
Please don't take Iain's post as a challenge - just coz you're out over there twice as long as Helen and him were away, doesn't mean you need to take over 7000 pictures. If you do, I'll make sure you have to sit through a few thousand pictures of snow when I go skiing...
Anyway, I'd better get back to work, so enjoy yourself and see you in a few weeks.
Marc
hi.
just a quik post. my brother wants to know about the plug thing?
Post a Comment
<< Home