Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The long and winding road...

(10th - 14th January)

We spent our last night back in Paihia in the campsite where we'd been the night before last. That was right next to a beach too, although it wasn't as nice as some of the ones we'd seen. The weather was better this time but I was still feeling a little peaky so we didn't do much, other than book some accommodation for Thailand.

On Tuesday, we gave our van back to Spaceships. I was a little sad actually. Relieved, but sad to lose our independence. We would spend the next few nights in a hostel in Auckland with nothing but shank's pony to get us around.

Thankfully it was a great hostel in a great location. We stayed in Mt Eden, which is basically a big volcano. I wasn't game enough to climb it but Chris was and says it was very nice. So much so that he decided he didn't want to go up the Sky Tower (the tallest building in the southern hemisphere - great views of the city) as he'd already seen great views of the city.

Annoyingly I left my phone in the Spaceship so we had to go back there to retrieve it. We searched the pubs of Mt Eden and Auckland city to find Chris's favourite Kiwi beer that he first (and last) discovered in Rotorua. No success.

So if you're a beer fan, and you ever come to NZ, try to find some 'Distinction', apparently it's really nice, but seems more difficult to find than the yellow-eyed penguins we'd been told were so rare at the beginning of our trip!

Well, as I write this we are sitting in the Melbourne Transfers Lounge waiting for our onward flight to Singapore, our next home for 4 days. Hopefully I'll actually get a chance to post this online before long, and maybe have some tails to tell of our time in Singapore too. I'm a bit apprehensive as we're staying in the worst part of Singapore, but hopefully because it is Singapore, that still won't be as bad as some places I've been before!

Until we next speak, enjoy yourselves and be good!
Han
xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home