Small World Story Vol. 1
I've not had many of these so far on this trip, so this is one saving grace for Arrowtown and I thought I would give it its own post.
We met a couple who were travelling like us and were taking a bit of a later-in-life trip in NZ, then Oz, then to S.E. Asia. We got to chatting about the weather back home, and then discovered that the girl (who was originally from Sweden) lived in Marchwood (near me) and her mum taught at my old school. Well, actually, technically it wasn't my old school as that is now a block of flats, but she teaches at the combined school behind. And it turns out the guy grew up in Worcestershire, very close to where Chris grew up & his mum still lives.
I love small world stories. I hope to have more to report on later in the trip. For now, apologies again that I've not been very prompt at keeping the blog updated this time. I'm working on my slackness I promise!
We met a couple who were travelling like us and were taking a bit of a later-in-life trip in NZ, then Oz, then to S.E. Asia. We got to chatting about the weather back home, and then discovered that the girl (who was originally from Sweden) lived in Marchwood (near me) and her mum taught at my old school. Well, actually, technically it wasn't my old school as that is now a block of flats, but she teaches at the combined school behind. And it turns out the guy grew up in Worcestershire, very close to where Chris grew up & his mum still lives.
I love small world stories. I hope to have more to report on later in the trip. For now, apologies again that I've not been very prompt at keeping the blog updated this time. I'm working on my slackness I promise!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home