Who Needs Sleep Anyhow?
4 days in and I'm still struggling with jetlag. I've made sure I've got up and stayed up during the day to ensure I sleep at night, but still find myself wide awake all night. I guess it doesn't help that the hostel is on a main road and tramline, and the 4 chaps I share the dorm with like to keep the window open (not that I blame them - boys smell after all). ;-)
Tonight I head to Brisbane for a few days to meet up with Sophie and Todd and sample the delights that Brisbane has to offer. Today is a glorious day in Melbourne - by far the nicest since I've been here. The weather in Brisbane is supposed to be thunderstorms until... yep, you guessed it... about when I leave! Never mind, I'm sure I'll find something to do to entertain myself.
This morning I met up briefly with the lovely Ross and Sally and shared some lunch with them and the others at their church - I recognised some faces from last time I was here and they recognised me, which was reassuring. Apparently I've not changed a bit. I beg to differ - I think I got old! Last night, I went to brush my teeth before bed and was surprised by everyone else doing the same.... only to discover they weren't getting ready for bed, they were getting ready to go out.... I'm sure I didn't have this issue last time!
That said, I tried to go and see a band last night, but they posted the wrong venue on their website. Helpful! So I'm not quite over the hill just yet.
I'm heading off to get my shuttle to the airport soon so I'll end this post here and hopefully be in touch with something a little more exciting in the not too distant future.
Right then, laterz dooodz.
Love, Peace and Jelly Babies
Han x
Tonight I head to Brisbane for a few days to meet up with Sophie and Todd and sample the delights that Brisbane has to offer. Today is a glorious day in Melbourne - by far the nicest since I've been here. The weather in Brisbane is supposed to be thunderstorms until... yep, you guessed it... about when I leave! Never mind, I'm sure I'll find something to do to entertain myself.This morning I met up briefly with the lovely Ross and Sally and shared some lunch with them and the others at their church - I recognised some faces from last time I was here and they recognised me, which was reassuring. Apparently I've not changed a bit. I beg to differ - I think I got old! Last night, I went to brush my teeth before bed and was surprised by everyone else doing the same.... only to discover they weren't getting ready for bed, they were getting ready to go out.... I'm sure I didn't have this issue last time!
That said, I tried to go and see a band last night, but they posted the wrong venue on their website. Helpful! So I'm not quite over the hill just yet.
I'm heading off to get my shuttle to the airport soon so I'll end this post here and hopefully be in touch with something a little more exciting in the not too distant future.
Right then, laterz dooodz.
Love, Peace and Jelly Babies
Han x

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home