Saturday, November 16, 2013

Best Laid Plans

So, it turns out China Southern are a genuine airline and I didn't have to build or fly the plane!  The planes were pretty new, quite spacious and the food was ok.  Nothing to write home about (except ironically that's what I'm doing now) but for the price I had no complaints about any of it.  Ghangzou airport could do with a bit more entertainment though - think of Southampton airport only with smoking inside allowed, fewer shops, squat toilets and more time to kill.....

Anyhow, this is just a quick note to say that I have arrived safely in Melbourne ready to tackle some jetlag.  And I have plenty of it.  I've been here since Thursday morning, it's now Saturday afternoon, and whilst I'm managing to stay awake during the day, I've probably only had about 6 hours broken sleep over the two nights I've been here... so I'm not quite at my best yet!

I have so far spent my time wandering aimlessly around Melbourne and St Kilda, but the weather's perked up a bit at least (it was overcast, windy and cold when I arrived).

Now I just need to come up with some form of plan as the few I made have more/less fallen through except for one.... to the drawing board I go!

Hope you're all well back home.

Han x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home